Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What is the Aquatic Version of "The Trial of Miles"?

Cassidy talks about the trial of miles throughout both of Parker's classic running novels. What is the water equivalent? This thought occupied me for most of my mile swim/run in the pool yesterday (actually one half mile of each). That and the prince song "Purple Rain" which I couldn't get out of my head.

The best I could come up was "The Map of Laps" or "The School of Pools". I hope you can do better. Hoping to teach a decent class and then do an outdoor run before the sleet and freezing rain begins later tonight. Back to the trial of miles.

2 comments:

  1. Something with "cruel" and "pool." "The cruelty of the pool"? "The pool is cruel"?

    Doesn't quite trip off the tongue, does it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you see the problem!

    Did get my 8 miles in from school to the Field Museum and back before it began to sleet, hail and then snow. So not a bad day all around. Plus even taught the essential facilities doctrine (and its critics).

    ReplyDelete