Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A few observations about the storm

It's remarkable how quickly I get cabin fever.
I saw one plant, a big clump-of-grass style bush, coated in ice. The ice had formed around the stalks in a straw-like formation, and it became sufficiently robust to support itself. So the plant maintained its perfect shape.
Cars sit really low on their springs when caked in ice. Mine looks like the Arizona police describe cars in police reports when trying to support probable cause for drug busts. Or at least they did when I was clerking.
A couple of cars were coated in ice, but for the windshields and front side windows. Oh yeah, and the grills and bumpers, which were not only ice-free but were broken up pretty badly. Somebody regretted driving to work that day.
People are really friendly in a storm. It's much like it was (1) the day after Obama was elected, and (2) on September 11, 2001.
I walked into work today. Twice. To quote Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman," "big, big mistake. Huge." I'm in one piece, but I now owe karma several groin pulls and bruised rear ends.
Riding the bike on the trainer is much more fun when it's not the only way you can get a cardiovascular workout. After 1:45 I couldn't stand Lisbeth Salander's scowl any more.
Gotta say, this isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I think I even get to fly home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment