Saturday, February 5, 2011

What A Feeling

Until a couple months ago, I hadn't seen Jennifer Beals since about 1980. Then she was the 6th grade little sister of a guy on the tennis team with me in high school. Then there was Flashdance. After various movies and tv projects in LA, she now sublets in my apartment building while she films The Chicago Code which debuts on Fox on Monday night filmed here in Chicago where she plays the first female chief of police. She has a 4 year old daughter who goes to junior kindergarten at the same school where we both went (and where my daughter went until last year). We rented Flashdance in honor of this momentous occasion and I added the theme song to my running playlist for my Ipod. Probably have to re-rent Footloose and Fame to share the movie musical trio of the 1980s with the next generation. In case you are curious that particular fashion look is back in thousands of designated 80's days in high schools across America. More neon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment