Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cross-Training with the Beautiful People

I recently joined the Equinox gym which is about 3 blocks from my office primarily so I can use the pool and a better variety of cross-training equipment beyond the couple of machines in the exercise room in my building. Based on the fact that something like 2/3 of Americans supposedly are obese or overweight and only 1% of Americans complete a marathon, I would have guessed that I would have been somewhere in the upper third of folks for fitness.

Not at this gym. It appears populated entirely by people of both genders who are models and train for ironmen competitions. While this provides a certain amount of motivation to actually go there, it is kind of embarrassing to be one of the older, more out of shape and less attractive people there. Even the one law professor I have run into there is better looking and significantly faster than I am.

On the other hand I do get a 30 minute free pilates session and a free year if I can persuade Loyola to sgn up for a corporate account.

1 comment: