Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Storm of the Century

Seems to have missed NYC.  On Tuesday I ran a loop of Prospect Park as the snow was just beginning to fall, and it turned out to be one of the best runs of the last couple of months.  It wasn't too cold.  The surface was soft but not slippery, and the company was good.  Yesterday it rained, but there was no major accumulation.  I walk to work, so the ice was not a problem.  This morning was sunny and cold.  Everything was ploughed or shoveled the only hazard was black ice.  I will say that both runs were slow and easy, but as satisfying as any I've done in a while.  I'm not sure what it is about bad weather running that makes it so satisfying, but it's good to be finally getting back into my training rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment