Monday, August 16, 2010

Running: X-Training

Okay, so my achilles heel is sore, and Mondays are usually reserved for cross training anyway.  I managed about 45 minutes in the pool.  I usually just slog through 1500-2000 yards freestyle, but lately I've been trying to figure out how to do the back stroke without crashing into other swimmers and the wall.  I've also been experimenting with the butterfly.  I only do it when there aren't too many other folks in the pool.  The humiliation factor is just too great. . . .

Anyway, I find that swimming is not conducive to deep thought.  There's no way to talk, and most of my mental faculties are devoted to three recurring questions: (1) am I drowning? (2) what lap am I on anyway? (3) why does this look so much easier when other people are doing it??

No comments:

Post a Comment