Monday, August 23, 2010

Running: When Temperature and Humidity Fall

There is a day in the late summer or early fall when the temperature and humidity fall and running again becomes a pleasure rather than a chore. That day was yesterday. I went out for my long run around 5:30 PM and ended up going 9 rather than the 7 I had planned. Probably a good thing too as I need to get ready for a half-marathon on September 12th. I ended up taking a slightly different route at the north end of my run leading past a dog beach at Foster Avenue and a public beach house with a little cafe at the north end of the Hollywood beach that I had never seen before. Averaged about 9:30 a mile and felt great except for that nagging leftover heel pain that appears to be a lasting souvenir of my last race with my co-bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment