Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last Run of the Year: International Edition

December 29, 2010 found me in Barcelona for our last full day in town. Our 20th anniversary trip to Madrid and Barcelona got delayed and then rerouted because of snow and airport conditions in Heathrow and JFK. So four days in each of Madrid and Barcelona became 6 days in Barcelona with travels on December 24th and 31st.

Most of the days were cool but not cold with too much to do to go for a long run so I worked out at the Mandarin Oriental (hey, you don't rough it on your 20th anniversary trip). But the 29th it was sunny and close to 60 and Laura and Jordan were anxious to go shopping and to a museum that I didn't care about.

Instead, I went for a long beachfront Mediterranean run in the Barceloneta area created for the 1992 Olympics. My last run of the year and in shorts no less! Hopefully I can say the same about my first outdoor run of the year on Thursday with Ted in SF.

The next day we drove around Catalonia and the 31st was a very long travel day but we got home before 9 PM and were asleep by 10. A typical News Year's eve for the Waller-Matalon clan!

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment