Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hills

We have no end to good hills in Rock Creek Park just down the street from my house. Last Sunday I found a new stretch of bike trail along Military Road that climbs rather brutally from the creek up to the top of the hill where one finds the Glover Road entrance to the park. So today I followed Military to Glover Road and into the park, ran past the stables on Glover Road and turned left to Ross Drive, which takes one down to the park police headquarters and into the valley where the creek runs. I then followed the aforementioned bike trail back west along Military to Oregon Avenue, where I turned left and crossed Military to Glover Road again. A loop on Ridge Road to Glover Road and back to Ridge dropped me at Grant Road, which descends steeply down to Broad Branch and meets Davenport, a steep hill back up to Linnean. Linnean returned me to Nevada, crossing Nebraska and, voila, Military. Probably 45 minutes all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment