Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Base

The above freezing temperatures for the past few days and the threat of major blizzards (see Paul's post) have led me outdoors most of the last few days. As a result I run longer since I can't use treadmills for anything other than speed work and relatively short distances before I get bored out of my mind. Plus if my mind completely wanders and I stop running for some reason, outdoors I don't get hurled into a concrete wall or the piece of equipment directly behind me. On the plus side, I also have been maintaining a 20-25 mile weekly base for the past month or so which a bit above average for me during the winter. Hopefully, this will be helpful as I start real training in the spring.

And remember folks, registration for the Chicago Marathon begins tomorrow February 1st! First come, first served until they hit their ceiling which is something above 40,000. I expect to run the Hamptons Marathon on September 24th but may register for Chicago as a low cost option in case I change my mind and wish to be jostled by thousands of faster and slower runners for the first several miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment