Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Above Freezing

On Saturday I did 6 miles with a small running group through the streets of downtown Chicago. It was about 6 degrees temperature and about 4 below wind chill. The side walks were too icy so we carefully picked our way through side streets of what was once public housing and now luxury single family homes and condos.

On Tuesday, it was the first day above freezing since well before New Years Day. I did 8 miles on the lakefront path down to Navy Pier and back. Like most winter days, the path had been mostly plowed and salted. I only hope likely new mayor Emanuel keeps up this lovely tradition. However, the curve at Oak Street shown below remains a frozen tundra requiring gingerly baby steps until I could get to the clear side walk part around the corner for the final stretch heading south. Forgot how much I like winter running when its not sub zero.

1 comment: