Friday, May 31, 2013

Spencer Waller Photobombed by Fake Gondolier

So, Spencer and I went out for a short (3.5 mile), slow (really slow), hot (really hot) run along the Charles River in Boston.  It was spectacular.  I haven't run in three weeks, and it was just great to get out on the road.  Spencer was, as usual, exceptionally good company.  We ran down to the Harvard Bridge (on the Boston side) ran to and through the Esplanade, then crossed the Charles by Mass General, and looped back to the hotel.  It was 94 degrees, but the water fountains were working, and we took it nice and slow.  My heel is still sore, but seemed to tolerate the punishment.  I'm feeling it a bit now, but it was definitely worth it.  The best moment was definitely when Spencer was photobombed by a fake gondolier (below)

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your heel was okay...hope you babied it the rest of the weekend. And that your presentation went well. I am still dealing with a lot of arch tightness and soreness and am wondering if my new orthotics are to blame. Probably too easy of a culprit, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The heel tightened up pretty badly afterwards. I took Saturday and Sunday off. Today I stuck to the bike and pool. It's still a bit inflamed, so I will bike tomorrow as well. Wednesday, I think I'll test it again . . . I do not like this one bit . . .

    Philip and Spencer are the plantar fascitis experts on this blog. I've managed to dodge that one so far. I can see how orthotics could help or hurt. It's also risky to experiment . . . I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come to believe in the power of orthotics at least when running.

    I feel your pain as well Ted and Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 30 mile bike ride this morning. Will try another short run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete