Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What does it mean for running?

Does four more years of Obama and certain partisan gridlock make running better, worse, or is it irrelevant?

I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but I did have a fear if Romney won: the DC-area Latter-Day Saints Temple is on my normal Sunday morning bike route. No idea where (or whether) Romney might have chosen to worship, but in case it was there I was concerned for motorcades interrupting a good ride. So in that sense this result removes at least the transaction costs of adjusting my routine.

2 comments:

  1. When we lived in DC, Emma used to refer to the Mormon Temple as Snow White's Castle as we drove by on the beltway. Its appearance on the horizon meant we were almost home. I used to run by it when we visited friends in Silver Spring. I still think of it as a favorite landmark. Now I can continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you are in town we can plan to run hill repeats up "Temple Hill." It's one of my favorite workouts.

    ReplyDelete