Thursday, July 4, 2013

New Personal Worst

I never even liked 5Ks when I was doing regular speed work. Today was a good reminder of why they are even worse when your body doesn't have another gear. I drove far into the suburbs of MD to run at the same pace I ran my ten-miler in the spring. Yes, it was ridiculously humid, which has always bothered me, but I just couldn't get into race mode. It was like I was moving in slow motion. I'm trying not to let it get me down...but it's always an ego blow. Will use it as a baseline to see if I can teach my body to change gears.

Happy 4th from the nation's capital of humidity!

2 comments:

  1. 5Ks are for college kids. And Ted(!) (http://runningprofs.blogspot.com/2013/04/that-was-fun.html). Congrats for giving it a go in any event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. College kids. Still injured from my 5k foray...

    ReplyDelete