Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Marathon Cancellation -- Drip, Drip, Drip

Okay, so here's the latest announcement:

 NYRR members as of January 2012 who entered the 2012 ING New York City Marathon will receive 9+1 race qualifying credit for their entry. Members should check their NYRR member profile starting December 11, 2012, to ensure that they’ve received the credit.

Hmm, so what do I read into that?  I guess I am not getting a guaranteed admit into the 2013 Marathon, or a refund??  This continues the pattern of giving out important information several weeks after it would be useful.   I happen have 7 races, if you count the Marathon, and, there are two more in December.  One this weekend, one next.  If I volunteer to rake leaves in Central Park after the 15K on December 15, I'll be all set.  If I'd known this three weeks ago, I'd have a bit more flexibility.  For folks who would have needed three or four races, the delay freezes them out . .

No comments:

Post a Comment