Wednesday, June 1, 2011

HFH (Home from Haifa)

Haifa is the anti-Chicago. Al hills and no flats (except for a narrow and underused beachfront). I had time for 2 runs. One was Saturday a long one, down, down, down, then a cable car ride the rest of the way to the beach, a one kilometer on the beach, cable car part way up and run up the hill to my hotel. Then shorter on Monday morning up to the Horev neighborhood and back down. I have now run all parts of Mount Carmel from the bottom to the top and along the top, just not at one time. What I missed was a Tuesday race that started by my hotel in Carmel Center up to the top and back down. Probably 15K or more with some elite runners from all over Europe at the front of the pack. Unfortunately, I only learned of the race in the taxi to the airport in Tel Aviv at 4 AM on Wednesday. Maybe two years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment