Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I've had a few things from which to recover.

St. George took more out of me than I thought. My runs and rides have been ho-hum for the past few weeks, with the exception of tourist-running in Europe. But coach says no more fooling around. If the legs aren't hurt (they aren't), time to get serious about Vineman. (I actually got chewed out for missing a single day last week. I guess he means it!)

Austin, Texas, last weekend was H O T. Went for 4 1/2 hours on the bike one day. One could mine for salt on my helmet-strap. Being back in the 97 degree heat and humidity of DC feels almost pleasant.

I've been away from the blog since Heidelberg because my briefcase was stolen in Amsterdam. Typical dumb American tourist occurrence -- I was getting directions at the info kiosk, I set the briefcase down to hold the map, and the briefcase was no more. Because the computer, iPad and iPhone were all there, P__ reset all my passwords for me, and I've just now found out how to access the blogger account!

Finally, grades are in, students have been responded to, and writing season is underway.

Time to read, write and run once again. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment