Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hal Higdon and summer training

Higdon is a pioneer in marathon training and has lots of helpful training schedules and other info on his web site. I tend to use a mixture of his novice and intermediate training schedules. I sometimes drop a short run but try not to miss the long runs. With my summer cold, weird weather, travel schedule, and other stuff, I freaked that I was hopelessly behind. Well not hopelessly anyway. Actually exactly on par for the novice schedule but a bit behind on the intermediate one. Doing my 10 miler this Friday instead of Saturday because of travel plans. Then next week is a cut back week with only a 7 miler as the long run (piece of cake even in the heat and humidity). Then it bumps to 12 and beyond for the rest of the summer until the end of August when the taper begins for the Hamptons marathon on September 24th. A good winter/spring base has covered a variety of sins, but now it gets real.

No comments:

Post a Comment