Monday, August 1, 2011

A One Way Run

Schedule called for a 15 miler. Weather report called for more hot and steamy. I was tired of loops in the three directions possible from my apartment. Solution? A one way 15 miler up the lakefront to Winnetka and then took the commuter train back to the city and a bus home. It was my first run past the Bahai Temple and I discovered a bike/running path that begins in Evanston and parallels the commuter train tracks all the way to Lake Forest some 30 miles from the city. Next time, I may take the train up to the path and go all the way and train back home just for some variety.

Downside of Saturday's run? Didn't check train schedule and had to wait almost 50 minutes on the platform making it nearly hours door to door. But there was a 7-11 across the street from the station where I refueled while I waited. Not sure how I can continue to do these long runs unless the weather breaks a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment