Monday, August 29, 2011

Hanging with the Tri-Guys

It must say something that our new mayor finished the sprint Triathlon in 1:36. While Rahm was doing his thing along the lakefront downtown, I had my wife drive me 14 miles straight south to the former South Shore Country Club so I could run home to the north side. About six miles into my run, I hit the turn around point for the triathlon run and the first elite wave of runners. The top guys all blew by me as did a few of the women. The rest I could hang with until I was driven off the course closer to the finish. Then I had to do all kinds of detours and curlicues to get back on the lakefront on the other side of the bike transition area. And finally another 4.5 miles home all in the face of a pretty stiff head wind. All in all, a pretty good day and a sub-ten minute pace even with a bathroom break and too many water stops. Next up a Labor Day weekend 20 miler and taper down to 9/24 in the Hamptons.

No comments:

Post a Comment