Sunday, March 1, 2015

Winter Storm Sparta

Sitting in DC with a canceled flight back to work and Winter Storm Sparta bearing down, I ducked out for 10 miles on trails through Rock Creek Park.  Nebraska to Oregon where the road meets the trail and from there just wandering -- running would be a tad strong of a word -- over uneven snow and ice among the trees.  It started in sleet and moved into freezing rain. 

After a time I crossed East-West Highway and followed the Rock Creek trail north, then the Capital Crescent from Jones Mill Road to Wisconsin Road in Bethesda.  I wandered back to DC through neighborhoods of Bethesda and Chevy Chase.  By the time I got home the sheet of ice on my shirt and hat was approaching 1/8 of an inch.

1 comment:

  1. Horrible day for a beautiful run. I'm still recovering from my rolled ankle of a few weeks ago, so today it was bike and swim in the gym as the snow and sleet came down. I wasn't entirely unhappy no to be outside. Good work out there!!

    ReplyDelete