Sunday, March 29, 2015

Actual Miles

Saturday was the first of two sponsored training runs for the Brooklyn Half.  Seven miles, bar to a loop of Prospect Park and back.   I can't run the race this year because I'll be out of town, and I can't do the second run, because I'll be out of town then too, so I volunteered to lead the 10 minute pace group.  Last year, I was coming off of a long layoff, so I ran sweep, bringing up the rear, making sure that everybody made it back. This time I set the pace.  Pace setting is tricky business.  My body wants to run at a 9:30 pace these days, so backing it down was a bit of a challenge.  Also, the folks running at the front of the group tend to push the pace, so you have to let them go, or run the risk of descending into "half wheel hell."  I felt good.  My ankle is still a bit twingy, but better each run, and my form feels good, so I'm not complaining.  It was a good day, lot's of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment