Friday, February 14, 2014

Somewhat Amusing

If training this year is slow, at least I can enjoy a hangover reward from 2013.  I just got this e-mail today.  It appears I am ranked 796 out of ~18000 in my age group around the world for "Ironman Overall."  I have not a clue what is the ranking algorithm, although it clearly includes a bump for the number of races run.  Thus, I am 1670 of ~10,000 in the world in full IM races but much more competitive in overall -- even though my finish in Tahoe was much more competitive than my average finish in the two races (Tahoe plus Timberman) that I ran.

Congratulations Max on becoming a Silver IRONMAN All World Athlete.     

Your race performances in 2013 earned you a place in the Top 5% in the world in your Age Group for IRONMAN Overall, IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3.

To celebrate your achievement, we would like to send you a small gift by mail. Please follow this link to update your current mailing address with us by March 1, 2014.

Details on our point system and your rank placement in your age group can be found here.

Again from all of us at IRONMAN, congratulations on your stellar performance in 2013. We look forward to seeing you at the races this year!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at agr@ironman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment