A typology of resolutions:
1. Sheer number of miles (weekly, for the year . . .)
2. Process oriented (mornings from 6-7 are devoted to running, whether actually running or strengthening to run better or even just meditating on running)
3. Another sort of outcome -- I will run X races or Y paces
4. The ceiling resolution: unlike last year, I will not run further than X or faster than Y
5. The non-running running resolution: I won't let work get in the way of my running!
6. The gear resolution: every time I think about buying more worthless gear, I will run instead (or the variant: every time I buy gear I will run an incremental mile for each dollar the gear cost me)
7. The partner resolution: I will run more with so-and-so
8. The blogging resolution: I will blog more about running!