Monday, December 30, 2013

Dave McGillivray on fitness vs. health

I've been buried in work the past few weeks (even we non-lawyers burn the midnight oil sometimes!) and missed the story of longtime Boston Marathon Director Dave McGillivray's recently-discovered heart disease. He is 59 and self-diagnosed a problem when he had trouble catching his breath at the beginning of runs. His story below is worth a read--it especially resonates with me as someone who--despite my fitness--started taking medication for high blood pressure three years ago (at age 33!). And my doctor called the other day to tell me that my cholesterol is about 3 points over "normal." Too bad PT can't solve all problems!

http://downthebackstretch.blogspot.com/2013/12/staying-alive-healthy-vs-fit.html 

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, what a read. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete