It's so funny that depending on which health professional you talk to, you will get very differing opinions. This guy (who heard exactly what exercises and treatment I've been doing for the last 9 months) had the following observations and insights:
- I'm probably better off without my orthotics
- I have some muscle imbalances in my glutes and hips
- The exercises I've been doing aren't targeted enough to hit the small muscles that need to learn to activate
- I have ideal cadence (at least during a 5-min run on the treadmill)
- My arch pain isn't plantar fasciitis, it is a problem with the muscle(s) in the arch (and therefore foam rolling and stretching the calf won't help much)
- And my favorite piece of advice (after I asked whether I should keep foam rolling and doing my other PT exercises): "If doing these things makes you have less pain, you should keep doing them. If you aren't getting better after three weeks of a treatment regimen, it's time to try something else."
Speaking of the near future, Ted, is your DC visit coming up soon??