Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Baby steps (both forward and back)

At this time last week, I would have predicted that my foot was on the upswing. Horror of horrors, I had to take several days off of running in late August when I got scared that I was pounding on a stress fracture. No evidence of anything on x-ray but I kept cross-training (spin bike in basement) until I didn't have pain anymore while walking around. Easing back in was going okay but as soon as I tried to string together a couple of days in a row my arch started to hate me again. Trying to exercise restraint and patience and keep up with my PT strengthening routine. But this is getting old, of course as soon as the weather is getting nice!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it! Pool running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! Oh, wait, maybe that's my pain . . .
    I'm slowly getting used to the idea that I don't run two days in a row, and that on running days my heel is going to hurt. . .

    ReplyDelete