Thursday, April 18, 2013

Evening Run

I don't usually run in the evening.  It never fits my schedule.  Yesterday it did.  There was a group run at 7:30, and word had gone out to dress in blue and yellow.  It felt like the right thing to do.
Apropos of Max's comments, I'm not quite sure what the significance of all of this "running for Boston" is.  If you go to the Run For Boston Facebook page, it looks as if every runner in the country has posted a picture.  An interesting thing about all of the pictures is that the message is support for Boston rather than anger at anyone or anything.  Part of this is because, contrary to CNN yesterday, we still don't know who to be mad at.  But I hope that part of it is a recognition that the constructive emotion is to feed the collective good karma associated with the marathon, perhaps the only event that could get folks at Yankee Stadium to sing Sweet Caroline . . .

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome; wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky! Next time you're in Brooklyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great crew. I see one National Marathon shirt in the bunch as well. Agree with the "would have loved to have joined you" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Max! It's a very nice bunch, welcoming even to an old slogger like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was there. Maybe Max and I can wear some blue for a Saturday post colloquium run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at the Colloquium!!

    ReplyDelete