Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Musings

I share Ted and Max's love of the fall.  As the temperature drops so does my time per mile, often dramatically.  Biking time and endurance improves as well.  I only wish I lived in SF or other such place that is temperate most of the year.

Still battling calf problems but got out for a great 7 miler on Sunday on a sunny day in low 50s.  Just over 7 in just over an hour.  compression sleeves help.  massage helps more but isn't particularly enjoyable.

Since I missed the Chicago half, I signed up for a different half on October 20th and a 15K on November 4th which will be my only long ones before Rome in March. 

Speaking of Rome, I finally satisfied the byzantine Italian legal requirements for marathon registration on my third try and will line up for the Rome marathon and go as long and as hard as my body and winter trainign in Chicago permits.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray on registering for Rome. I can't figure out why they didn't make me do that.. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray on registering for Rome. I can't figure out why they didn't make me do that.. .

    ReplyDelete