Saturday, February 11, 2012

Silly Hilly and Neon Orange

Long run with D__ this morning. He picked the route, a metaphorical figure 8 from his place in Northern Virginia. The first loop, well, I would guess of the 7 or so miles, less than 1/2 mile even approached flat. The second loop was mostly off-road through a local wooded park, finishing with an aggressive 1/2 mile climb along a bike trail. Wow.

When I got back, Fed Ex had dropped off this year's Boston jacket. If the goal is to draw awareness to Iran's nuclear ambitions, this might just do it. Back in the '80s, ski gear used to come in bright neon colors. This company somehow had a following, although the gear was hyper expensive and known to compare poorly to gear from companies like Spyder and Descent. (The North Face was just coming on the scene at the time.) And how I did want a neon outfit -- pink, green, anything would do. The closest I ever had was a Columbia jacket/pants combo that was blue and yellow, and a few obnoxiously pink ball caps from ski areas I had visited.

By this point in my life I'm over that. And look what's happened -- last year's Boston colors were black with lime green accents, and I thought that made me look like a spice girl. This year? Full-on orange popsicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment