Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh the weather outside is frightful

The fantasy of a soft short winter has been crushed by 4-8 inches of snow and howling winds.  My Saturday run with the BOMF running group will probably morph into a short gym session in my building's work out room.  On the other hand, I signed up for my first 2012 race, the March 25th Shamrock Shuffle where I will receive either a C or B Corral seeding based on last year's result and the other race results I submitted (thank you ATlinks!). 

On such a day, an antitrust prof's thoughts turn to late fall/early winter marathons.  I am just starting to research a nice small race in a pleasant clime late in the year or very early in January so I can do the bulk of my training in the fall instead of the stinking heat of July and August.  Besides the mid-November Malibu marathon any suggestions?



1 comment:

  1. My favorite marathon remains the Carlsbad marathon, which is run about the third week of January. It's more or less the same as Malibu but a little further south. With any luck they'll still have the Kodo drummer under the bridge somewhere around mile 10.

    ReplyDelete