Tuesday, January 24, 2012

6. Run long when the sun shines

Spencer has been dealing with Chicago in winter. DC hasn't been great either, though I would guess it's a lot nicer than there. But every so often a day comes along . . .

Today is 60 degrees with clear skies. It's supposed to get wet and cool starting tomorrow. My running obligations this week include a longer (~75') run, a tempo run, a hill workout, and a long run. Today was supposed to be the tempo: quick warmup, 25' at a pace faster than I feel like going, then a jog home.

But that leaves 75' cruising for a less pleasant day. Nobody will notice if I rearrange my schedule, will they? I'm going to try the Utah Ave. to Western to Oregon loop that D__ and I found the other weekend. Then a trail through the woods at dusk to Beach Drive and back south. Whether I come home by way of Nebraska or past the Rock Creek stables depends on just how pleasant it is. I'm guessing I take the long way, but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment