Saturday, April 16, 2011

PRs

I frankly thought I would never set another PR. Two years of plantar faschiastis plus aging tend to send one's thoughts in that direction. But today I perservered through some 40s with rain and wind, and even a porta potty break to log a 1:29:57 at the Lakefront 10 Mile and lop 3 seconds off my PR from 2005 at this distance. I thought I was 7 seconds over but let's hear it for chip times versus clock time. Today I am a happy guy.

Probably though not as happy as my wife and daughter who are sitting by a pool in Florida. Unfortunately my spring break never coincides with my daughter's. Oh well. Now back to procrastinating on my article for the Loyola-Haifa memorial day workshop. Wait, I think there is another episode of The Good Wife to catch up on TiVo.

2 comments:

  1. Many congratulations! Here's to aging well and to hitting your target. And to earning the right to lounge in front of the TV. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and go get 'em for your own date with destiny. Its the only time I root for the Patriots (all of them).

    ReplyDelete