Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Coupla things

First, I realized a few days ago that I had never read anything by Christopher Hitchens. My library now includes Hitch 22 and God is Not Great, as well as an anthology he edited titled The Portable Atheist. After I get through Katherine Schultz's Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error, I will turn to other options for procrastinating.

Second, on the note of procrastinating: my students took their final on Monday (don't get me started on the 13-week semester!), and it's now my time to do something. Here are my goals for the coming month, which I write here in the hopes that others will help to keep me honest:

1. Turn the extraterritoriality piece on which I've previously procrastinated into a proposal for a law journal submission.
2. Burnish Behavioral Exploitation and Antitrust for presentation at some late-May workshops.
3. Grade my exams.

In addition to that I get to have some fun, starting with the yearly trip to Spencer's colloquium in Chicago.

3 comments:

  1. You should also check out Hitchin's Letter to a Young Contrarian. Short, pithy, punchy. See you tomorrow. Hope we can get a run in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or two? I can do 8 a.m. or so on Saturday (noon flight), and I'm up for very early Friday a.m. if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday won't work but let's count on Saturday 8AM and see who else wishes to join us.

    ReplyDelete