Tuesday, December 21, 2010

RAAM

My main winter training assignment is to spend 5 or so hours per week on the bike trainer. (I have some long-distance rides planned with my brother this year, on which I'll report when they move from theory to reality.) The bike trainer is harder than biking out-of-doors, because you can't coast. And because it's deadly dull. The one upside is the opportunity to cycle through my DVD collection.

Today between reading all the posts in the Truth on the Market behavioral economics symposium and incorporating some edits into a paper, I turned on Bicycle Dreams, with the volume full blast, and spent 90 minutes following the late great Jure Robic and a crew of normal people (at least when contrasted with Robic) from San Diego to Atlantic City. I can't recommend the movie enough -- and if you want to borrow it, let me know. This is the first time I've watched the documentary since Robic died this fall.

I'd enjoy joining a support crew and seeing RAAM first-hand. I'm not going to say I'd like to give the race a go myself, but one does think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment