Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cold Running

No, not "Cool Runnings," the John Candy movie about bobsledders. Cold.

Went to drop off the car at the shop yesterday and thought I'd fit in my run by jogging home. When I got out of the car the thermometer said 10 degrees. I stopped at Starbucks for a warmup on the way home.

That afternoon my colleague Peter suggested a run from the office. I don't pass up those opportunities; Peter is a very serious runner and I learn much, as well as getting a good workout. It was 17 degrees.

This morning I had to go back for the car! So another 35 minutes, this time at 13 degrees. I made it without hitting Starbucks.

It must be like this, or worse, where the other contributors are?

2 comments:

  1. About the same here. The problem for me isn't the temperature but the ice which has driven me indoors to my building's workout room the past three days. Tomorrow morning I venture back outside. If its more than 12 or so wind chill I can do it. Just not willing to either slip and injure myself on ice or wear those weird running ice cleats which pose their own threat of injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 degrees this morning. I applied the Spencer temperature rule and hit the snooze. Looks like it was a good call; we have a balmy 20 and sunny for the afternoon trot.

    ReplyDelete