Friday, December 3, 2010

Opinions?

I'm trying to work out a new year's resolution regarding a running program. I still need the race-specific training and all -- the older I get, the more important the track workouts -- but what I've always shortchanged is the daily training, what Quenton Cassidy called "the trial of miles."

But also, being no Quenton Cassidy, my legs won't take 10 miles a day. Neither will my writing, and neither will my wife. I'm thinking of a daily -- 7 days a week -- 4 to 5 mile run. I mean every day including the day before a marathon. I'd like it to become as easy and comfortable as is my walk to and from the office.

What do you think? Is this silly?

1 comment:

  1. That doesn't seem wise to me. Let's discuss off-line before you do this as anything other than a winter alternative to actual race training.

    ReplyDelete