Monday, September 15, 2014

Nice Day for a Long Run

I can't possibly compete with Philp's 100k jaunt this weekend.  We eagerly await a race report.  The achievement boggles my mind.  I managed a comparatively modest 21.3 long training run yesterday, and am happy to report nothing more than the usual soreness.  It was a gorgeous day, we ran at a gentle pace and I remembered why I love September in NY.  After a rest and household chores, V_ and I walked down to Brooklyn Bridge Park to Smorgasburg -- the weekend food festival on the piers for recovery food.  I had a Ramen Burger, brisket tacos and a hibiscus doughnut from Dough.  Yum . . . burp . . .

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice run! And pain free, too. (I, by contrast, took a full 7 days to recover from last week's run with Spencer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel was a bit sore after. I attribute that to the Kinvara/Superfeet combo, perhaps. I swam and biked yesterday, and did 8 with orthotics today and I feel right as rain. . . Knock wood!!

    ReplyDelete