Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January at the Gym . . .

For the last couple of years, spin classes have been a regular part of my workout regime.  They allow me to combine two sports in one workout.  Usually, I spin and swim on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Sometimes I bike and run.  Anyway, the 6:00 am class is always a challenge, but never so much as during the dark days of January.  To make matters worse, this week I have to contend with all the New Years resolution folks.  I got to the gym at 5:45 and got the second to last bike.  Hopefully things will be back to normal in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. The January phenomenon is too funny. I observed another (related) one: my morning spins have been in front of CNBC's Squawk Box. Advertisements in December were, predictably, holiday giving related. Advertisements since new years? Workout gear, gym memberships, and the like.

    Good for you on spin class. I'd be much better off if I could get myself there in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our apartment is just a bit too small for me to set up a trainer in front of the TV. It would be nice to have that option.

    ReplyDelete