Sunday, March 4, 2012

Outsprinted him!

After D__ wore me out on a long run yesterday and talked me off the ledge re going to the track today, I made today's run a super casual 5-or-so mile run down Mass past AU law school, up Western to Chevy Chase Circle, and back home through the 'hood. Easy runs are daydream time.

So for this one, I was running behind Micheal Wardian at the Rocky Raccoon 100 in Texas. We were entering an aid station at mile 90. He went in for food and drink and I sprinted past. The last 10 miles went in around 65 minutes. (At one point it was 62 minutes, but that was too silly even for a daydream.). Wardian passed me again with 1/2 mile to go. But he didn't take off, so I knew he was toasted. We entered the high school stadium where they have the finish line (no idea if that's true!) and he got caught up high-fiving spectators. He was surprised when I caught him with 200 to go, or so, and I nipped him at the line Quentin Cassiday style.

Next time I will report on my daydream of publishing in the HLJ. Or maybe it will be Yale.

No comments:

Post a Comment