Friday, December 30, 2011

Riding in Texas

It has become ritual over the past few years to spend the holidays in Texas and to escape from the in-laws by renting a bike. Last year I got some good miles in the hill country around Austin. This year I'm riding the flats around Houston. If today goes well it will be a 150-mile week. Not a big week come fall-time, but pretty good for the off-season, especially for a guy who hasn't ridden since wrecking in August.

Route for today: 359 to 1463, then keep going north to the Katy-Fulshear Road. In Fulshear go back north on 359 to highway 90 and then south on 1489, hoping the chipseal is less fresh north of Simonton. Pick up 1093 in Simonton going west, and head back east on 36 when I get to Wallis. 36 takes me to Rosenburg and 90 Alt, shortly thereafter to Richmond, and Pitts Road will take me to Plantation Drive, and then back. High temperature is predicted to be 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment