Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mysterious Foot Ailment

Toward the end of the Hamptons race, the top of my right foot felt like someone was hitting it with a hammer. It was the only part of me that hurt the next day. Then weirdly enough, it went away and I got the same feeling on the top of my left foot which continues to bother me one week later. So no running for me so far just some light low impact elliptical work and a little biking. I want to pace a couple guys from my running group for the Chicago Marathon but don't want to oput myself on the blocks for the rest of the fall. Annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Slowly calming down but not going to do anything stupid like pacing friends at the Chicago Marathon. Another week will not make a difference but months of pain will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you back to yoga at all? I've never heard of the ailment you are suffering, but I've been dealing with generalized roving discomfort since mid-August, and a couple sessions of Bikram has been just magic.

    And, maybe this is why you get a medal for marathoning but not for teaching? When was the last time you risked permanent disability in finishing an article?!

    ReplyDelete