Monday, October 31, 2011

Increments

10 years ago I ran a reasonably-fast-for-a-recreational-schmuck marathon in San Diego, and then not appreciating what probably came too easily -- at age 27 too many things come easily and are unappreciated -- I hung up the shoes and spent my summer weekends at the beach. Ever since I've been trying to repeat that effort. Yesterday in what turned into simply perfect conditions at the Marine Corps Marathon I managed to eke out a 1-second PR, thanks to official results that gave me one second the runner tracking and my watch did not (until this morning I thought I had tied myself).

At this rate, in two-thousand, two-hundred and seventy years, I may achieve that elusive goal of a sub-three-hour marathon.

3 comments:

  1. 3:03:46? Regardless, congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done.

    I broached the idea of the Race for Competition to the ABA Antitrust Section staff last night at my program. They are interested and the wheels are in motion. I think there is a good chance it will actually happen but maybe not fast enough for March 2012. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete