Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hiring

We're looking for as many as six new hires this year. (Yeah, right. I put the over-under at four.) I like the hiring season. It's fun meeting lateral candidates from around the country who come with different experiences and different reasons for considering a move. It's a great way to learn about the unspoken realities of the market in which we compete. (Wow, that school looks really good -- why is s/he looking to move?) I spend time with colleagues I don't know well, because we're on different floors or different hallways, but gather for job talks and office meetings. I read articles on topics that would not attract my attention otherwise. It's also a great time to eat well.

But its not doing much for my running. I haven't been out since a great long run on Sunday. I hope I can get my track work in on Friday. This year's Marine Corps will be an experiment in minimalism: can I threaten a PR on 25 miles a week? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment