Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bike Crash

Decided to get serious about cross-training and now regret it a bit. Got the road bike our for 9 mile and 18 mile rides over the weekend. On the long ride, I dodged a pot hole but wheel slid off path onto gravel shoulder of the path and lost it. Amazing how many places can get scraped raw. Plus jammed a toe (and I was just getting used to having all my toenails) and messed up my wrist. On the good side, did not hit my head and only grazed my shoulder. Bike was merely scratched which was fortunate since I had to ride home close to 9 miles. Seeing foot and wrist doctor to check out aftermath. Shouldn't set me back on marathon training more than a day or two but its really hard to type with my left hand which may have a bigger impact on writing projects which are already painfully behind. Mostly just embarrassing to have one bike accident which was entirely my fault and first bike fall since I was a kid.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear this! Nothing embarrassing about a bike wreck, or so watching the Tour would suggest.

    ReplyDelete