Friday, May 20, 2011

Ultra Lights

Used a gift card to try a pair of Saucony ultra light running shoes. They are real shoes, not the ones that look like slippers or those creepy ones with the ones. But they are very light maybe half of the regular cushioned neutrals. No lateral support but decent cushioning and feather weight. Gave thema four mile test drive on just about every surface I could think of. They felt great and worked on everything from concrete to trails to sand on the beach. I think I will add them to the rotation (i run in two or three different types of shoes while training and then settle down on one run for my super long runs and the marathon itself. I don't see myself doing 18 plus in these new ones but they should be fine for speed work and anything at the gym. I think I will be going with Brooks Ghost for the big day in September buying my final pair for the race in mid-August and breaking them in with about 100 miles or so before September 24th in the Hamptons.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like them. I'll never go back. The old normal now feels like hiking boots!

    ReplyDelete