Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pop Culture Final Exam

As I draft my final exams for two classes I am constantly in search of distractions as I seek ways to basically ask the same questions in different ways. I have never used multiple choice questions but have used a small number of true/false explains in civil procedure. As your distraction, consider the following questions plucked from today's entertainment news.

1) Chicago Code vs. Good Wife. Two shows, one pretends to be set in Chicago, the other actually is. One has good acting and writing, one not so much. one stars my neighbor, one does not. Discuss.



2) Judas Priest vs. Priest in 3D. Discuss.


3) Vin Diesel vs. The Rock. Who should star in the movie version as the head of the Navy Seal team hunting for Bin Ladin?


4) Which is a better distraction from grading? Discuss all relevant issues.




5) Extra Credit. Name the failed PBS comedy pilot where I played a character called "The Hasidic Sportsman"?

2 comments:

  1. I am marginally qualified to respond only to number 3, having seen both The Fast and the Furious and Walking Tall.

    Vin Diesel: he's a hard guy in the way Bruce Willis is a hard guy. I guess he's adopted that personal sufficiently to be convincing, but with that weak chin I just can't take him seriously. And, is that his real name?

    Dwayne Johnson: first, he can actually act, a little. Second, he's a really, really big dude. Third, he's kind of likable, maybe because he can actually act, a little. Fourth, much better profile shot. Fifth, much better biceps.

    I go with DJ over VD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some research. Thor has Natalie Portman in it. As I told my class last semester (discussing The Black Swan), Natalie Portman could read the bankruptcy code for two hours and I'd consider it Oscar-worthy. So there's my response on number 4.

    ReplyDelete