Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mid-summer Review

Power is back on, internet is back up, and we've moved out of the basement -- where we lived for two days after a freak storm knocked the region for a loop and the neighbor's cedar tree across our backyard. I missed some good runs planned for the weekend on the excuse that I couldn't run in 100-degree heat only to come home to no air conditioning.

Got to thinking about how the running has been going and realized this has been a strange year. Since riding long on March 31, I've either ridden a long way (defined as 200 kilometers or greater) or run a marathon every second weekend, with a couple of shorter triathlons thrown in between. This coming Saturday is the Saratoga 12-hour cycling race, continuing the trend. An unorthodox approach, at best!

Mediate workouts have been spotty. I'm probably holding an average of 2.5 days of running weekly, rarely approaching (and only once since Big Sur exceeding) 60 minutes. Not hitting the track regularly, swimming occasionally, not doing the high-pressure bike intervals.

I suppose that's OK. Writing is going well. I'm writing a short FTAIA article, a follow-up to an interview I gave on the en banc Seventh Circuit's Potash decision. Bankruptcy and antitrust should be ready for circulation shortly. And I'm doing some background reading on my fall project.

2 comments:

  1. Now you're making me feel lazy since I can't even make myself run outside in this heat and we have had air conditioning the whole. Had some good workout sessions in our exercise room while watching the Tour de France. Which reminds me that it is time for my annual rant/post about the Tour, American Needle, BMI, antitrust, and theory of the firm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy? Not at all! Scheduling an event or competition every weekend is the lazy approach -- I've basically quit training. As is proved by my begging to quit early on our run a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete