Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In Chiro We Trust

It has been a real struggle of late with my normal short mid-week runs.  A 20 minute trip to the chiropractor has me back on the straight and narrow.  I had quads, gluts, knees, diaphragm, and assorted other body parts out of alignment which were also working at cross-purposes.  Blocks, heat, and some gentle adjustment had me back together again for a most pleasant and reasonably fast 10K.  Probably my best run since the 8 miler in DC with Max.

With brings to mind, who are your medical pros for tune up work?  I am not talking MDs for emergencies and injuries but the tune ups and adjustments but optimize our daily grind.  Is it chiropractors? massage therapists? yoga instructors? others?  all of the above?  Who keeps you road worthy and why?

1 comment:

  1. I have a p.t. with a chiropractic license. Mostly rely on him for aggressive treatment of muscle tightness through Graston and active release techniques. Not cheap, but so far worth it. Also a massage therapist, but that's really just a lazy man's way of avoiding the foam roller!

    ReplyDelete