Monday, November 14, 2011

#8 Solitude is Not Lonely

I usually run alone. It's my alone time. I appreciate good company and good conversation but I also like my alone time. Whether I have my ipod or just taking it all in, I usually just let my mind wander. Sometimes I am thinking great thoughts, but most of the time I am somewhere far far away. Time passes. I pass some people. Other people pass me or cross my path. I don't really notice. I tend to notice the scenery more than the people. The lake always fascinates me. Some of the restored prairie areas always grab me as well. The rest of the time, my mind is just wandering. There is an old movie (and an Iron Maiden song) called the Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. I am guessing the author (and lyricist) wasn't a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment